Why?...WHY?

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why I often do this, PLEASE! This weekend I went to Edmonton for a friend's birthday and to get some fabric and sewing supplies. I was looking at the wall of sewing tools at the fabric store, saw a tailor's awl and thought to myself, "Hey I don't have a tailor's awl and I really need it!" Bought it, came home and, lo and behold, I already had a tailor's awl in my sewing tool box. Yee-haw! Ugh!

And guess what?! What I really needed was a new pencil sharpener and AA batteries for my computer mouse which of course I completely forgot.

In the meantime please excuse the really blurry photo above and the extreme boringness of my blog. I'm still in the middle of sewing a madness a sewing madness.

7 comments:

Lindsay Beveridge said...

What are you creating that has you in the midst of madness? :)

Momo said...

I'm creating and making some jig(gigue) costumes for a group of young girls. It's just taking much longer then I thought. Almost there!

Ellen said...

That answers my question as well! I was wondering what the frenzy was all about. Hang in there! I'm sure it will look fantastic :)

Btw, yeah you should see Black Swan! I was skeptical when I first saw the trailer, but then my curiosity got the better of me. It's disturbing, but good! (I'm sure Darcy will disagree with me-- AGAIN, ha ha)

Anonymous said...

I just happened upon your blog and began reading about your tailor's awl,it just cracked me up....I sew and craft also and have done the same thing...it's amazing how many things I have duplicates of...oh well... and the picture of your sewing room looks fine...compared to mine LOL

Sewandthecity said...

Completely can understand how this can happen...happens to me all the time, well quite often anyway...it definitely means you are sane, nothing to worry about! However I do have a list with “to buy things” now :-)

Anonymous said...

Do it all the time,you're not alone! In the meantime, what do you use a tailor's awl for?

An Army Wife said...

LOL. I'm constantly picking up things that I THINK I need.... and end up coming home and realizing not only did I already possess that item... I am completely out of something essential. Like... toilet paper perhaps..

ShareThis